Stamp Masking

 Tutorial:  Stamp Masking - making long lasting stamp masks.

Along with explaining the basics of stamp masking, I  talk about how I create plastic coated masks that really last! I hate wasting crafting time, cutting masks every time I want to use a stamp. I came up with a way to create a long lasting, plastic coated mask that can be wiped clean and stored on the stamp set acetate, on a piece of clear plastic or even on a cello bag.

Some have mentioned online that covering masks with plastic causes problems with ink smudging. This will only occur if you don't bother clean the masks after each stamping. 

I clean them in one of two ways; I remove the mask, stick it to my work surface and simply wipe with my chamois. Alternatively, I don't take the mask off my project and just place a dry facial tissue onto the mask and press down firmly. I don't pat or swipe the tissue when doing this, I just press down once. This will lift most of the ink off by absorbing it into the tissue, allowing you to continue working quickly and efficiently.

Don't forget, if you have any questions or problems, please reach out and leave a comment below. We will will reply as soon as we can. Or, if you're a little shy, you're welcome to contact us using the contact form for a more private chat via email.

Comments

Popular Posts